Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week 36

Week 36 must be the worst week of my whole pregnancy and I'm so glad it's over. SH was down with chicken pox on day 2 of Chinese New Year and over the next few days, he got very sick, like really sick. I have never seen him so sick before. It was such a stressful period. I don't know when SH will recover. The rashes kept popping out, his high fever just didn't go away for three days and we were all so worried. I don't know if SH will recover in time to be with me in the delivery room. And it doesn't help to hear comments about all the bad things that can happen to my baby because SH has chicken pox. We are so emotionally attached to Zachy boy now and it's depressing hearing these things.

SH and I decided together that neither of us will move out after we consulted our GP and my gynae and assessed the risks. We are not being stubborn nor taking things lightly. SH and Zachy boy are equally dear to me. I had chicken pox before and I'm most probably immune to the virus. And that's why we made the decision for me to be at home and take care of SH. Seriously, I'm glad we stick it through together. I cannot imagine leaving SH to go through this whole terrible ordeal by himself. 

I know my friends have good intention when they offer advices to me. But I just wish that people be a little more sensitive when talking to mothers-to-be because the 40 weeks pregnancy is such an emotional period. It really helps if the advices are based on facts and not what one believe or think. And please don't keep going "this and that will happen to your baby" when one hasn't got the facts right. 

Thank God, SH is recovering. I'm at week 37 of my pregnancy now and this means that Zachy boy is ready to come out anytime. We are praying that Zachy boy can wait till daddy is all well and good before he decides to come out to say hi to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment