Thursday, April 30, 2015

ABC and numbers with stickers

Honestly, I don't know any toddlers who don't like stickers. Give Xue some stickers and he will be happily peeling and sticking away. I like stickers too! There are so many activities we can do with stickers, other than simply sticking them all over the place and on mummy. Lol. Yes my little Xue loves to decorate me with all his funky stickers and there's a high chance that you will see a giraffe on my blouse, a star on my face or a Lightning McQueen on my bump.

Xue has taken interest in the ABCs and 123s he sees around the house and this is one good activity for toddlers like him who are learning to recognise alphabets and numbers. I gave him some alphabet stickers with an alphabet chart and some number stickers with a number chart. There are plenty of alphabet and number charts online, just google for them and print the ones you like. One suggestion here, do the number chart first as 10 numbers are more manageable as compared to 26 alphabets and do the alphabet chart on a separate day. This will keep them interested in the activity. Also, if possible, find stickers that do not repeat the alphabets and numbers. The alphabet stickers I used had multiples of some alphabets and it's increased the difficulty level for the tot who is learning to differentiate 26 alphabets.


I showed him how the alphabets/ numbers stickers match those on the charts and how we then stick the stickers on the chart when there's a match. Very quickly, he understood the activity and got to work immediately. He was pretty excited whenever he found a match.



Once completed, these alphabets and numbers charts looked pretty good as posters on the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment