Monday, July 28, 2014

Sticks and paper cups

Another simple activity to share! Preparation time was less than 5 minutes, just cut some holes in a paper cup and materials used are minimal: a paper cup, some sticks or straws (and for the nth time I'm saying this, I got the wooden sticks from Daiso a.g.a.i.n. How can I live without Diaso?!)


I showed Xue how to insert the sticks and/or straws through the holes and he got interested in it immediately. This activity kept him busy for a good 10 to 15 minutes. I kept the stuffs on his shelves for two days so that he could go back to the activity as he wished. The straws were introduced on the second day as a different element to get his attention back on the activity again.





You can see in the last photo, he got bored with the task eventually and he decided that pouring everything into the cup and then back into the container was more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment