Thursday, September 1, 2011

Char siew chee cheong fun

These days, I would roast a big piece of char siew and then use them for different dishes like char siew rice, char siew wanton mee or 新洲炒米粉 during the week. And two weeks ago, I thought I should explore more recipes with char siew so I tried making char siew chee cheong fun. The challenge for me was to find the right plate (out of my very small dishware collection) for the rice flour+water suspension so that when it's out of the steamer, the chee cheong fun would be a thin uniform layer and not stick to the plate. After some trial and error, I think I found THE plate. =D

And I must thank all the fabulous cooks out there who painstakingly put up all their recipes on the web. The recipes are really helpful for newbies like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment