Monday, April 18, 2011

VTMH... ermm... Monday!

It's Easter Week school holidays this week. The morning sun was so alluring that I decided to go a jog (my first jog in Sweden!) despite that temperature read 6 degree celsius only. I figured that I shouldn't kill myself on my first run here so it will be an easy route through the main street to the lake, around the lake and back. I brought my camera along and shot these pictures along the way.


My place is situated along Ronnebygatan, the 'Orchard Road' of my town. That's Hemkop, a small supermarket, on the right and First Hotel on the left. I usually get my groceries from Hemkop since it's just 2 minutes walk away from my place.


Let's continue down the street. Can you see the church in the back ground? That's why the town square is. There are many stalls set up during spring and summer, just like the Pasar Malams we have in SG. There are also many pubs and restaurants here (on the left and right of the fountain).



Past the fountain, we will reach the shopping area of Karlskrona. And that's Macdonalds in the background. Surprisingly, we have only eaten Macdonalds thrice in 5 months. Most of us prefer the burgers in Max Burger, a local fast food restaurant which is 10 minutes drive from our town.


And after Macdonalds, we will reach H&M!



And just beside H&M , there's another great shop Vero Moda. These are my two favorite shops in Karlskrona. Well I really glad that there are these good shops in my small town!



Midway through the shopping street, we will turn right and you can see the lake right in front of you.



And finally, we are at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment